About My Work

My photo
PUNE, MAHARASTRA, India
I m a media student and perusing my Graduation in Media and Entertainment and B.B.A (Communication & Broadcasting)from Annamalai university. Have worked in student Short film... http://youtu.be/4-ad_W5t3fE (check this youtube video for my film). Want to work with this industry day and night .... I am working on 2 other movies and Written a script for my first directorial film "THE NIGHT".... from Pune(Maharashtra).

Appreciators

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life in Pune as a student..........

FEATURE

This is what everyone asks me when i meet them back in Surat.

“How is student life in Pune?”

So friends i thought of sharing my experience as a student in Pune.

I started my journey from Surat where i spent my whole life thinking about the college life, as i ended up with my 12th board in march i had to search out for any college outside Surat as there was no good colleges in there for media and entertainment studies, i came across a college called CENTUM U spending their branches in India as media college so i submit a form in the college for my admission and as expected was called by the centum employer from Delhi and given an option of Mumbai and Pune campus to choose.

I chose Mumbai as it was near and i had many relatives in there and gave my interview in a huge college named Whistling Woods International in Film city. But as there were only 2 students for this course in Mumbai campus they shifted me and the other guy to Pune campus as unexpected.

First there was difficulty hunting for paying guest accommodation in Pune as there was no hostel facility by the college, there was a room which was free and we liked to stay there but there was a problem with the owner as he only wanted girls in his house we did not get that accommodation. Our hunting went on in that locality called Saina pati Banat Road near symbiosis college, ahhhh we got another PG in Mangalwadi and it was a nice room as we decided to stay in there, paid our rent in advance of 6 months. It was too expensive but as there was no other PG's available we started adjusting ourselves.

There was a problem of the food in the initial stage of college life and had to go and spent lot to eat something which is unhygienic to health. As the days progressed we got to know that there was a Dabba facility in Pune who supply food. We started by subscribing the dabbawala for night time only as we stayed the whole day in college.

As we were not settled in the city as such i decided not to buy a new bike for myself and used the local transport of autos, as the college was only 2KM away from room. I use to pay the auto wales 40 a day which was expensive for me at the beginning.

We stayed in college from morning 9 to 6 in the evening, which was as hectic for me as we were not exposed to such environment in our life. As we return from the college after that hectic schedule we feel asleep and lie down on bed.

Besides the hectic schedule in the college we are bagged by many tough assignments even when the professor is out of station for some festival and have to deal with them the same day.

The life in Pune is so difficult to pay off as a student, but this city has been blessed by god with a great weather, greenery, locations, cultures, food, and many traffic rules which the Punewala follow is so amazing as compared to Surat.

However there were many days when i missed my parents a lot in the initial stage and even now i miss them a lot. If I have been send by my parents for my dreams to fulfill I should fulfill the trust of them in my life.

I miss my sister and my friends a lot as they were very close to my heart and I use to share everything to them and they use to spend a lot of time with me asking and solving my problems as if they could do so for me.

But as all say “For achieving something in life we should sacrifice a lot”.

So am I doing that that’s what I ask to me every day and I get confused about the answer for this but I think I must go on with the life as it offers to me. I am not happy with the college atmosphere but then also I am so busy that I am not thinking of all those.

“If you live, lead a happy life whenever you stay”

These are my inspirational words from my parents which gives me the courage to do something and achieve what I want in my life.

It’s hard to pay as a student of hostel life.

No comments: